In 2018, Monaco was still at the top of the luxury real estate market. According to Savills Plc, prices here were, on average, 176% higher than in London and 237% more than in the French capital, even topping Hong Kong by 10%.
The price per square metre has increased by 18% compared to 2017, reaching a whopping €48k according to the Monaco Statistics Office. The average selling price of the €2.7 billions in luxury properties sold last year, was over €5 million, almost double than in 2017.
These figures make Monaco the world's most expensive real estate market, as well as the best place to invest. Its tax benefits and beautiful weather make the Principality a desirable place to live for the rich and famous while its small size forces prices to rise with high demand.
- Kylie's glamorous Monaco birthday
- What's on in Monaco August 2019
- Monaco boasts full 5G coverage
- What's on in Monaco July 2019
- Mirazur is the World's Best Restaurant 2019
- Michael Douglas honoured at Monte-Carlo Television Festival 2019