In 2018, Monaco was still at the top of the luxury real estate market. According to Savills Plc, prices here were, on average, 176% higher than in London and 237% more than in the French capital, even topping Hong Kong by 10%.
The price per square metre has increased by 18% compared to 2017, reaching a whopping €48k according to the Monaco Statistics Office. The average selling price of the €2.7 billions in luxury properties sold last year, was over €5 million, almost double than in 2017.
These figures make Monaco the world's most expensive real estate market, as well as the best place to invest. Its tax benefits and beautiful weather make the Principality a desirable place to live for the rich and famous while its small size forces prices to rise with high demand.
More Monaco Insights...
- Monaco in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Hollywood glamour at Monte-Carlo Global Ocean Gala 2019
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix 2020 bookings
- What's On in Monaco September 2019
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Monaco birthday