Featuring exclusively electric racing cars, Formula E has grown exponentially since its first championship in 2014. It now comprises races in 10 of the world's biggest cities, including the driving paradise of Monaco.
The 2019 edition of the Monaco E-Prix took place over the weekend. French driver Jean-Eric Vergne repeated last year's success being crowned king of electric racing while former F1 champion, Felipe Massa, got the third position. The Brazilian lives in Monaco and races for a local team, so his place on the podium was greatly celebrated.
A host of celebrities supported this eco-friendly racing event. Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer and actress Naomie Harris, as well as The Hobbit actor Luke Evans and model David Gandy were seen partying on a luxury yacht the night before the race. They also gathered at the iconic Monte-Carlo Casino for a glamorous Casino Royale-themed after-party.
Formula E's next race will take place in Berlin on May 25th 2019.
More Monaco Insights...
- Monaco in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Hollywood glamour at Monte-Carlo Global Ocean Gala 2019
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix 2020 bookings
- What's On in Monaco September 2019
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Monaco birthday