Stade Louis II is the national stadium of Monaco and home ground of AS Monaco Football Club who play in the French league.
Built at the beginning of the 1980s and inaugurated by HRH Prince Rainier III on 25th January, 1985, the Stade Louis II is a huge complex covering some 30,000 square metres, built on the sea in the district of Fontvieille, close to the ancient walls of the same name. It comprises:
- an open-air stadium
- an extensive set of facilities and buildings destined for sporting activities
- a 4 storey car park that has 1700 spaces
- a string of offices around the stadium.
There are guided tours around the stadium from Monday to Friday. It is hard however to find out exactly when the tours take place so if you are interested then I suggest you call in advance - or ask your hotel to arrange it for you.
- Tours / Excursions
- 7 Avenue des Castelans Fontvieille
More Monaco Insights...
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix 2020 bookings
- What's On in Monaco September 2019
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Monaco birthday
- What's on in Monaco August 2019
- Monaco boasts full 5G coverage