The Monaco opera house was constructed in 1878 at the demand at the hands of Charles Garnier, who was also responsible for Paris opera house.
It was extensively renovated at the turn of the 21st century and has hosted some of the top names in the opera world. Jewel of the Casino de Monte-Carlo, the Salle Garnier continues to embody the excess and boldness that characterised the building of the Casino de Monte-Carlo.
The hall was inaugurated on 25 January 1879 with a performance by Sarah Bernhardt dressed as a nymph. The first opera performed there was Robert Planquette's Le Chevalier Gaston on 8 February 1879, followed by three additional operas in the first season.
This lavish theatre is home to the Opéra Monte-Carlo. A truly special night out.
- Meeting Spaces
- Place du Casino
- Kylie's glamorous Monaco birthday
- What's on in Monaco August 2019
- Monaco boasts full 5G coverage
- What's on in Monaco July 2019
- Mirazur is the World's Best Restaurant 2019
- Michael Douglas honoured at Monte-Carlo Television Festival 2019