Chinese telecommunications multinational Huawei and Monaco Télécom have signed an agreement to accelerate the implementation of 5G in Monaco. The Principality will be the first country in the world to offer full 5G coverage.
This deal was prompted by Prince Albert II's official trip to China earlier this month. Huawei and Monaco Telecom will set up a 5G pilot area at the Monaco Yacht Show, which will take place in Port Hercule from September 26th to 29th.
The fifth generation of mobile communications, 5G, is at least ten times faster than 4G. Its worldwide commercial launch is expected for 2020, although many areas will not have it until much later. Monegasques will be the first ones to enjoy it as its arrival in the Principality is scheduled for mid-2019.
More Monaco Insights...
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Get the James Bond treatment in Monaco
- Which Monaco restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Monaco!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMonaco.com
- Monaco in October 2019 - What to see & do