The Principality of Monaco became the first country with full 5G coverage on Tuesday, July 9th 2019. A project developed by Monaco Télécom and Chinese firm Huawei, this is the first step on the "Extended Monaco" programme, which aims to transform the country digitally.
Monaco wants to attract technological businesses and new technologies, as well as apply them to all of their public services and facilities including health, education and much more. Thanks to 5G, the Smart Principality will be able to boast connected bus stops, surveillance drones and even self-driving vehicles.
The Principality has already released a self-driving electric shuttle. This eco-friendly vehicle can accommodate up to 15 passengers and will run until September 8th on a loop in the centre of Monaco from 09:30 to 11:30 and from 13:00 to 20:00, stopping at the Musée Océanograhique, the Ministère d'état, the Place du Palais and the cathedral.
More Monaco Insights...
- Happy New Year from Monaco!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMonaco.com
- Monaco in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Hollywood glamour at Monte-Carlo Global Ocean Gala 2019
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix 2020 bookings
- What's On in Monaco September 2019