This French town celebrates tango by returning to its roots on the streets. The squares and cafes of Menton host concerts, dance shows and free lessons for all levels.
From the mid 19th century to the 1920s, hundreds of thousands of Europeans embarked on a journey for a better life in Buenos Aires, arriving at the poorest neighbourhoods of this city on the banks of Río de la Plata. That is where tango was born, influenced by the new inhabitants who brought their own culture.
Menton wants to honour the tradition of tango turning the town into an old Buenos Aires. Check the website for a full programme.
More Monaco Insights...
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Get the James Bond treatment in Monaco
- Which Monaco restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Monaco!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMonaco.com
- Monaco in October 2019 - What to see & do