This French town celebrates tango by returning to its roots on the streets. The squares and cafes of Menton host concerts, dance shows and free lessons for all levels.
From the mid 19th century to the 1920s, hundreds of thousands of Europeans embarked on a journey for a better life in Buenos Aires, arriving at the poorest neighbourhoods of this city on the banks of Río de la Plata. That is where tango was born, influenced by the new inhabitants who brought their own culture.
Menton wants to honour the tradition of tango turning the town into an old Buenos Aires. Check the website for a full programme.
More Monaco Insights...
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix 2020 bookings
- What's On in Monaco September 2019
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Monaco birthday
- What's on in Monaco August 2019
- Monaco boasts full 5G coverage