Before Monaco became the glamorous principality of celebrities and superyachts we know today, it was a winter resort for the wealthy and elite in the latter half of the 19th century. Clientele would come to make the most of the gentle Mediterranean climate, local Alpine spring water and sparkling sea.
Of course, with so many grand hotels you can expect some very ritzy facilities and breathtaking views from the massage beds. In a town full of spas, here is our round-up of some of the best to be found in Monaco. We thoroughly recommend that you book well in advance.
More Monaco Insights...
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Get the James Bond treatment in Monaco
- Which Monaco restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Monaco!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMonaco.com
- Monaco in October 2019 - What to see & do